Bike to Work Week is a province-wide initiative that combines individual efforts with local business teams in a fun community-based event that encourages transportation cycling to reduce environmental impacts and promote healthy lifestyles. It is held for one week in May or June each year. 2018 is the 8th year that TraC will deliver this event to the Sunshine Coast.
Through TraC’s coordination, cyclists are provided:
- Daily celebration stations
- Team and individual prizes for rides
- Support for teams and individual riders
- Encouragement for friendly inter-company rivalry and competitions
- Support to Team leaders at all Elementary and High schools
- Event publicity through social and print media.
- Wrap up celebration at the end of BTWW