Bike to Work Week is a province-wide initiative that combines individual efforts with local business teams in a fun community-based event t hat encourages transportation cycling to reduce environmental impacts and promote healthy lifestyles. It is held for one week in May or June each year. 2017 is the 7th year that TraC will deliver this event to the Sunshine Coast.
Through TraC’s coordination, cyclists are provided:
- Daily celebration stations
- Team and individual prizes for rides
- Support for teams and individual riders
- Encouragement for friendly inter-company rivalry and competitions
- Support to Team leaders at all Elementary and High schools
- Event publicity through social and print media.
- Wrap up celebration at the end of BTWW
2017 Bike to School Week – Elementary School Contest Rules
1) Any student enrolled in an elementary school on the Sunshine Coast is eligible to enter once.
2) The student must have cycled or used some form of self-propelled transportation to school at least 1 day during Bike To School Week, and the student’s total km must be submitted to the school’s designated Bike To School Week Coordinator.
3) To enter, the student must illustrate “What i love about riding a bike” in the form of either: writing (minimum 100 words), poetry, art work, or other approved medium.
4) Each submission must include the student’s Name, Age, Grade, and School name, and t onto a letter size (8.5 x 11”) piece of paper.
5) Submissions must be handed to the school’s designated Coordinator by 3pm on Friday, June 2.
6) Our judges will review all submissions, and winners will be announced after Bike To School Week. The judge’s decision will be final.
7) The winning entry will be used in advertisements in the local newspaper and on TraC’s website and social media.
8) No substitution of the prizes will be allowed.